Updated: Mar 14, 2021
Just in time for Valentine's Day... vegan mini strawberry shortcake waffles with a strawberry almond butter syrup. Perfect for a night with the girls, brunch with your significant other, or the whole stack for yourself. These waffles are fluffy and full of the perfect addition of strawberry and vanilla. The best part is that they are easy to make and packed with minimal ingredients. These ingredients include: gluten free flour, vanilla collagen, pure maple syrup, cinnamon, flaxseed meal, mac powder, unsweetened oat milk, and strawberries. Although the drizzle is optional, it really puts the icing on the cake. They're vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and sure to impress!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 4-5 mini waffles
3/4c gluten free flour
3/4c Rise Brewing unsweetened oat milk
1tsp maca powder
1tbs flaxseed meal
1tbs pure maple syrup
1 scoop vanilla collagen (sub protein)
1/2tbs baking powder
sprinkle of pink salt
1tbs almond butter
1tsp pure maple syrup
a few drops vanilla
1tbs juice from melted frozen strawberries
1. Preheat mini waffle maker.
2. In a medium bowl, add all waffle ingredients. Fold in strawberries last.
3. Spray waffle maker with coconut oil or olive oil
4. Make waffles as directed until all batter is used up.
5. While the waffles are cooking, make the strawberry almond butter drizzle.
6. In a saucepan, heat strawberries on medium heat or microwave for 30 seconds.
7. Once the strawberries are melted, there will be a lot of juice. Drain out 1tbs of the strawberry juice and add it to a small bowl.
8. Add in the remaining drizzle ingredients and mix well.
9. Once the waffles are all done, plate, add the drizzle, and add the leftover warm strawberries on top, if desired!
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or messages me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!