Updated: Apr 9, 2021
Spring is upon on, and that means carrot cake is a must! You know what else is a must? This carrot cake granola. This granola is full of cinnamon spice goodness, along with the typical carrot cake sweetness. It includes gluten free oats, a variety of nuts, almond butter, shredded carrot, pure maple syrup, shredded coconut, and so much more. It makes for the best addition to any yogurt bowl, as cereal, or a great snack on its own! It takes under 25 minutes total to make, so what are you waiting for? It’s gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and full of flavor. See Substitutions below.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 17-19 minutes
Serving size: 12
2c gluten free rolled oats
1/2c chopped pecans
1/2c chopped walnuts
3tbs shredded coconut
1/3c shredded carrot
1/4c melted coconut oil (melted)
1tbs flaxseed meal
1 1/2tsp pure vanilla
1/4c pure maple syrup
2tbs creamy almond butter*
1tbs pumpkin spice
1/4c chopped dates or raisins flakey sea salt
*georgia grinders code: wellnesswithmak
Coconut oil- sub for vegan butter.
Almond butter- both cashew butter, walnut butter, or pecan butter would work.
Pumpkin Spice- sub with allspice or a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
2. In a large bowl, add all ingredients (besides dates/raisins) and mix evenly.
3. Once the granola starts to clump together, transfer to prepped baking sheet, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake for 17-19 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
4. While it bakes, chop dates into pieces. If using raisins, just set to the side.
5. Once done, remove granola from oven and sprinkle on the raisins and/or dates.
6. Transfer to the freezer for 20 minutes to harden.
7. Remove from freezer, break into clusters, and store in an air right jar!
Be sure to shoot me tan email with your feedback or messages me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!