Updated: Mar 15, 2021
Watch out pancake cereal and cookie crisps, the new an improved Trix Cereal is making way. It took me so long to officially develop this recipe, but it was so worth the wait. This cereal requires minimal ingredients, and features four superfood powders. All ingredients are more nutrient dense swaps to original Trix, and there are no refined sugars or colors. I use the superfood powders: matcha, spirulina, pitaya, and blue butterfly pea powder for the rainbow colors. Other ingredients include, brown rice cakes, pure maple syrup, almond butter, unrefined coconut oil and pure vanilla. That’s it! Your cereal game just got elevated.
Prep time: 12 minutes
Bake time: 15-18 minutes
4 salt free brown rice cakes
2tbs pure maple syrup
2tbs unrefined coconut oil
1tbs almond butter
1tsp pure vanilla
1tsp each: pitaya powder, matcha powder, spirulina powder, butterfly pea flower powder
1. Preheat oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add rice cakes, vanilla, maple syrup, almond buttter, and coconut oil to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and doughy.
3. Remove from blender and separate into four small bowls evenly.
4. Add one superfood powder to each small bowl.
5. Mix the powder into the batter until turned that color completely. 6. Start rolling the dough into mini balls and place them on the lined baking sheet. 7. Repeat for each bowl. There should be four colors. 8. Space evenly on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. 9. Remove from oven, let cool for 15 minutes, and enjoy with your favorite mylk!
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or message me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!