Updated: Mar 14, 2021
Don't get me wrong, I love Trader Joe's raw almond butter and Georgie Grinders maple caramel almond butter, but sometimes making your own things, such as nut butters and plant based milks is so satisfying. Not only that, it's so easy to do and requires minimal ingredients! This recipe is super basic and only includes four ingredients, one of which is completely optional. I decided to add a little cinnamon to the recipe because who doesn't like a little burst of flavor? This almond butter pairs perfectly with sliced apples, on top of oatmeal and rice cakes, along with so much more. If you have a blender and an oven, you're all good to go. Just an FYI- you may think your blender is going to burst, but you're fine~ just let it do it's thing!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Blend time: 10-15 minutes
1 1/2c unsalted almonds 2tsp date nectar (optional) 1tsp cinnamon 1/2tsp Himalayan pink salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° and prep a baking sheet.
2. Lay almonds on baking sheet evenly & sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. Roast for 8-10 mins.
4. Remove from oven & add to food processor.
5. Add in date nectar, additional cinnamon, & pink salt.
6. Blend on high for 10-15 mins, stopping every few minutes to stir & scrape the sides. *time may vary based on your blender/food processor, so blend until butter consistency is reached*
7. Store in air tight jar or container.
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or message me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations! I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!