Updated: Mar 14, 2021
Banana bread is life changing in all forms, am I right? If baking isn’t your thing, you’re in luck; these raw banana bread nut bars are no bake, simple, nutrient dense, and delicious! Plus, they're topped with a dairy free chocolate drizzle, so every bite tastes like a piece of chocolate chip banana bread. This recipe requires a short ingredient list, packed with nutrient dense ingredients, such as hearty nuts, gluten free oats, pitted dates, overripe banana, Georgia Grinders creamy cashew butter, lots of cinnamon, and more. So, if you've got a blender or food processor, you're all good to go; just throw every thing in, blend, shape, freeze, drizzle, slice, and enjoy! Good news is these bars are gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free. They're the perfect grab n' go snack, light breakfast, post workout snack, or after dinner dessert.
To receive 20% off Georgia Grinders premium i’m nut butters, shop through the highlighted link and use code “WELLNESSWITHMAK” at checkout!
*This post may include affiliate links that support me if you shop through them. Your support is greatly appreciated in advance*
Prep time: 7 minutes
Freeze time: 1-2 hours
1/3c walnuts & almonds
1c gluten free rolled oats
2tbs Georgia Grinders cashew butter
1 overripe banana
1/2c pitted dates
1tsp maca powder (optional, but love the flavor)
1 1/2tsp cinnamon
flakey sea salt
1/2c dairy free dark chocolate chips + 1tsp coconut oil (half for batter, half for drizzle)
1. In a food processor, at all ingredients (besides chocolate).
2. Blend until well combined. Sprinkle in half the chocolate chips and mix evenly.
3. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
4. Scrape the batter out of the food processor and transfer to the baking dish.
5. Press down and spread to corners until desired thickness is reached (I did about an inch thick).
6. Melt other half of chocolate with coconut oil until smooth.
7. Drizzle on top of the bars and sprinkle with flakey sea salt.
8. Transfer to freezer for at least one hour.
9. Remove from freezer, slice, and enjoy! (store in freezer for best texture)
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or messages me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!