Updated: Mar 14, 2021
Chick-fil-a who? These air fried chicken nuggets are next level, and even crispier than the typical chicken nugget. In replace of breadcrumbs, this recipe uses coconut shreds, almond flour, and grounded up gluten free pretzels. I also threw in just the right seasonings to make the perfect nugget. You can pair these with your favorite dipping sauces or throw them over some fresh greens. Making chicken nuggets doesn't get much easier than this. Plus, these are gluten free and dairy free. You don't want to miss these!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12-14 minutes
Serving size: 2-3
2 organic chicken breasts
1/3c gluten free pretzels
2tbs unsweetened coconut shreds
1tbs almond flour
1 egg white
1tsp olive oil
1tbs nutritional yeast
Onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, pink salt, black pepper to taste
1. Cut chicken into nugget size chunks.
2. Add pretzels to a food processor and blend until fine.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix together pretzel crumbs, coconut shreds, almond flour, nutritional yeast, and spices.
4. In a small bowl crack the egg white.
5. Dip each chicken nugget into the egg white and then directly into the coating bowl until fully coated, then transfer to the air fryer. Repeat for all nuggets.
6. Drizzle olive oil on top, and air fry for 12-14 minutes or until crispy golden brown.
7. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or message me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!