Updated: Sep 29, 2021
Another bag of fresh apples from the orchard most definitely calls for homemade apple crisp. My dad has made this every year growing up, but it was my turn to take a stab at it, and include my favorite baking swaps. This recipe is naturally sweetened with dates, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and of course— apples! It’s also packed with hearty oats and nuts, almond flour, creamy almond butter, coconut butter, and other nutrient dense baking swaps. I love the balance between the melty, spiced apples and the crunchy cinnamon crumble. The crumble is a quick, one blender process, so this recipe is done in no time. You don’t want to miss this one— it is gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free!
Prep time: 12 minutes
Bake time: 35 minutes
Serving size: 12
5-6 chopped apples
2tbs maple syrup
3tbs flaxseed meal
sprinkle of pink salt
3/4c almond flour
1 1/2c oats
1/4c flaxseed meal
1/2c coconut sugar
1/4c partially melted coconut butter
1/4c almonds and pecans
3tbs almond butter
1/4c maple syrup
10 dates (optional)
sprinkle of pink salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and set aside a 8x12 dish.
2. Wash apples and chop into small chunks.
3. Add apples to a large bowl and add in the rest of the filling ingredients.
4. Toss well until all apples are well coated.
5. Transfer the filling mixture to your pan and spread evenly.
6. Soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes.
7. Now add all crumble ingredients to a food processor to pulse.
8. Pulse until crumping together. Once firm, add in a handful of dry oats and mix with a spoon.
9. Remove from food processor and add it on top of the apple filling.
10. Spread evenly and make sure all apples are covered with a thick layer.
11. Add an extra sprinkle of cinnamon, coconut sugar, and pink salt, and bake for 35 minutes or until apples are bubbling and the top layer is golden brown.
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or message me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!