Updated: Apr 12, 2021
Everyone loves a good PB&J sandwich, but there is nothing better than when your jam is homemade! I recently went strawberry picking at a local farm, and I figured this was a great way to use of some of the strawberries before they go bad. I've always been a blueberry and raspberry jam girl, but I can firmly say strawberry is my fave now! It is so underrated. This jam is loaded with nutrient dense ingredients, and only includes 3 main ingredients: strawberries, chia seeds, and pure maple syrup. Yup, so that means this jam is refined sugar free! You can't beat that. This jam is super simple, healthy, quick, and delicious.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serving size: 10
2c strawberries (sub blueberries or raspberries)
2tbs chia seeds
1-2tbs pure maple syrup
sprinkle lemon juice
1. Rinse strawberries and cut the stems off. 2. Add strawberries to a small pot & heat on the stovetop on medium heat.
3. Heat and mash with a fork until chunky & juicy.
4. Once mashed completely with some chunks left, continue to heat for 10-15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add in the chia seeds, lemon juice, and maple syrup.
6. Stir well and let cool. Serve or store in an air tight jar in the fridge!
Be sure to shoot me an email with your feedback or message me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!