Updated: Apr 13, 2022
Okay, time to meet my newest, fave recipe: lemon muffins! Let me just say my family almost finished these while I was at work. They are that good! I did these two ways; half of them filled with homemade blueberry jam, and the other half packed with mini blueberries. I mean, you really just can’t beat the lemon and blueberry combination. This recipe features more nutrient dense ingredients, such as raw honey, coconut sugar, cashew butter, coconut oil, olive oil, lemon juice, free range eggs, unsweetened nut milk, and more. The consistency of these muffins is out of this world; seriously so fluffy and moist. I also included a homemade glaze, packed with just 4 ingredients. With that said, these muffins are gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. Should I say more?
Prep time: 7 minutes
Bake time: 23-25 minutes
Serving size: 20 muffins
2 1/2c gluten free flour
3 free range eggs
3/4c coconut sugar
juice from 2 lemons
2tbs cashew butter
1/3c olive oil
1/2c almond milk
zest from 1 lemon
1 1tsp baking powder
3/4c blueberries (optional)
pink salt to taste
1tbs chia seeds
1-2tbs pure maple syrup
drizzle lemon juice
2tbs raw honey
1tsp nut milk
juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and fill muffin tins with liners.
2. In a large bowl, add all batter ingredients. Mix well.
3. If choosing to do some jelly filled muffins, use my recipe here. If doing plain or with blueberries, add in blueberries or set aside.
4. Once jam is done, transfer batter to lined muffin tin and fill each liner half way.
5. Add in a spoonful of the jam in the middle and then fill liner rest of the way up with batter.
6. Transfer to oven and bake for 23-25 minutes.
7. While that bakes, make the glaze by adding all ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk well.
8. Transfer glaze to fridge while you wait for muffins to finish.
9. Once muffins are done, let cool. Once cool, dunk each muffin in the glaze. Enjoy!
Be sure to shoot me tan email with your feedback or messages me on IG @wellnesswithmak, so I can see your beautiful recreations. I'd love to highlight them on my feed. Also, don't forget to follow me to stay up to date with new healthy, mouthwatering recipes, life updates, fitness routines, and all things wellness. I look forward to connecting with you!